Tuesday 25 February 2014

Tuesday's meal: Butternut Squash & Avacado covered sausages

I'm no kitchen genius, but I have a bit of pride in myself for the work I put into Charlie's nutrition. I'm quite OCD about making sure he gets all his vitamins and minerals.

I've been asked a couple of times for tips on baby/toddler meals.


I buy lots of things I know are super nutritious and try sticking them together in various ways for lots of variety, flavour and colour.

                                        This one was a hit!

Butternut Squash
Vitamin A
Vitamin C
Protein
Iron
Calcium


Baked in the oven to keep all the goodness in.
(40 mins)

Green beans & Sugar snap peas from the green grocers
Vitamin A
Vitamin C
Calcium
Iron
Protein
Vitamin K
Folate
Magnease
Dietary fiber.

We're vegetarians so I use Quorn Sausages.
I cooked them in olive oil & mashed avocado.
Protein
Fibre
Vitamin B-6
Vitamin A
Vitamin C
Iron
Zinc


I normally steam my veg but I boiled these for some reason!
(20 mins)

Mash up the squash


Serve on an elmer plate!...
These turned out to be two portions as usual.

This was a BIG hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment