Tuesday 4 March 2014

Pancake day! Misson: Blueberry pancake shapes!

I had the idea of making Charlie little blueberry pancake shapes & I think they turned out pretty well!

Wholewheat flour: (Has more fibre, vitamins and regulates blood sugar)
Free range eggs
Soya milk: (just because I prefer it because it tastes so good!)
Blueberries: Rich in antioxidants
Sunflower spread: (Healthier)
Lemon juice: (For flavoring)
Shape cutter: (For fun!)




Melt the butter. I use this microwave pan (argos £3.99 absolute bargain!) - Seriously, these little plastic pans are SO versatile I cannot recommend them enough - they steam veg, cook soup, porridge, beans, spaghetti, melt anything; butter, chocolate - I also make a ton of cheese sauce in them! And nothing splatters and they're so easy to clean.
I LOVE THEM.




Fill a bowl with 2 cups of flour, then pour the butter into the bowl.









Stick some butter into a very low heated frying pan.



Crack 4 eggs into the bowl of butter and flour then use a whisk or a fork or a blender... I used an electric hand blender


Pour some blueberries into the mixture. Hand-blend/whisk them in.




 
Pour into the pan and fry. Yummy!
Press shape cutters into the pancake!
Squirt on lemon juice & brown sugar.

Feed to toddler!
(Charlie rockin' his pink PJ's too)


He liked them, and he liked the shapes, but he only ate a couple due to becoming a very fussy little monkey over his textures lately. Anything slimy or squishy he'll make a face at and give back to mammy... so I'm hoping he'll like them more next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment