Another of Charlie's favourites, and this is a recipe that I got right. They turned out beautifully and they are so, so easy to make - no scales required!
2 cups plain flour
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable fat (I used Stork - it worked)
1 (or 2) onions
1 cup of grated carrot
3 cups of potato chunks
1 cup cold water
1 cup milk
300g Quorn/soya mince
3 veg stock cubes
1 tin of sweet corn (wasn't in the mood to pay 3 quid for a fresh cob!)
- Fill a cup of grated carrot
- Peal & chop potatoes into 3 cups. Optional potato shapes! :)
- Boil potatoes until they slide off the fork & mash with milk & butter.
- Fry sweet corn, onion, carrot & mince - add one jug of veg stock gravy to the pan.
- Mix flour & fats together until breadcrumb consistency - add milk and water until it forms a sticky dough.
- Do lots and lots and lots and lots of kneading - adding flour generously!
|Nice one mammy! :)|